The target of two or more organizations looking for establishing a partnership with the aim of increasing customers and revenues not always works as expected. The main reasons of this possible fail are usually the lack of a common communication strategy, undefined roles and duties and the uncalibrated offering package about products or services. As the consequence of this approach the organizations are not involved enough, the products and the services are not conforming to the real customer demand and the target or the strategy do not fit properly. Therefore many doubts and few certainties can stamp out any ambitious plan. “You can have the best project, but then you need the right people to realize it.”
An international partership needs to be settled according to 3 phases:
- Integrate cultural barriers according to the country business habits where the partnership will affect.
- Accomplish the strategy identifing the most competitive products and services creating the adding value for each partner for the benefit and the continuos support of all parterns.
- Adapt the offerings to the strategy and to the local customers requirements.
Integration, accomplishment and adaptation are the three key variables for the creation of a successful international strategic partnership.
At this stage it is therefore necessary to avoid:
- embarking in parternships without at least a basic marketing strategy;
- involving partners without clear goals or generating discontinuos results
- reducing the value of the successful product or service with inaccurate and too invasive changes
- ignoring project variables and thus lose business patience
The Integration method foresee the needs of analysis about what can cause misunderstanding between all parterns. For this reason is it essential understand if all partnership’s decision makers have a clear perspective about their targets. Once established the individual targets all members of this group have to introduce and discuss the general targets and the relative priorities. For the parternship’s success this final discussion have to reduce all doubts on general targets for facilitating the next stages.
The Accomplishment stage help to be aware about the existence of ambiguous goals to clarify them, check the operational activities needed to implement the defined strategy, set goals and range of products or services to partners, decide which products or services are most important & urgent, define the quality requirements and finally create an effective audit method.
The third stage, the Adaptation, identifies the bottlenecks of static programs pre-existing to the marketing strategy, communicate the introduction of the dynamic program becoming the tool through which implementing the first strategy steps, and control the network of activities & suppliers and continuolsy reinforce both in the direction of the strategy.
According to the above stages it is imperative to implement the planned initiatives in the first months of a new partnership and to avoid arguments on who lead the project by entrusting it to the supervision of a consultant sensitive to the targeted markets, to the local habits and to the needs of all decision makers.